Outsourced Accounting Department
DeepSky offers entrepreneurs like Steve a dedicated (US based) outsourced accounting department – the department at its simplest form consist of one accounting ninja and one controller and can scale up as the company’s needs expand. Never heard of an outsourced accounting department? Check out these videos to learn the concept behind the outsourced accounting department model and how it works.
It’s All about Systems and Processes.
DeepSky has spent years perfecting our accounting systems and processes so that’s always where we start. The first thing we do once you come onboard is to understand your business model, knowledge wants and needs, and existing business processes – then we adopt and model your accounting processes to fit. The goal of all this is so we can make your life easier – our mentor taught us that a recurring crisis is not a crisis, but the symptoms of a broken system – we don’t want that now, do we? No more recurring crisis.
Let’s Go Digital.
We live in an amazing time – the technology available to us today are fantasies just a decade ago. So why not utilize it? With DeepSky as your outsourced accounting department – you can count on easier, faster, and more secure ways to do them accounting things. Gone are the days of printing checks. Gone are the days of paper filing cabinet. Gone are the days of waiting for information to come through from the accounting department. Instead, say hello to
the future today’s accounting department. Say hello to being able to review your bills, pay them, and check in on your sales goal from your favorite beach on the other side of the country. Didn’t know it to be possible? Call us.
Now You’ve Got a Team of Rockstar Accountants.
We already talked about how when you opt in to DeepSky – you are opting in to a team of accounting ninjas. Having a team means that you wouldn’t have to worry about people leaving or getting sick. Having a team of rockstar accountants means you wouldn’t have to worry about hiring or training them – we do that for you – and we do it better than any in-house accounting department we know.
Here are a few things the team can do for you:
- manage and maintain good records (do you know if all of your vendors are valid vendors with proper remittance information – it’s kind of a big deal)
- accounts payable functions (record, categorize, and process bills for bill payments, reconcile payable balances, provide support to vendors for bills in question)
- accounts receivable functions (raise invoices from sales orders, record payment receipts, reconcile receivable balance – getting paid is important)
- account reconciliations (we make sure our bank and credit card accounts are accounted for and accurate – this is so we can have good reporting and make sure no one is stealing from us)
- record payroll (we team up with our payroll processor and record the entries in our books to track how much we are paying our employees)
- track a ton of other accounting stuff (like fixed assets, depreciation, debt, equity, and such – just to keep everything straight so the numbers can tell stories)
Your most valuable player on this team will likely be your dedicated controller who is responsible for not only ensuring that the accounting ninjas are doing their work right, but also helping you obtain the actionable knowledge that you seek from all these accounting “stuff.” Your controller is the person who will know “what to do” in order to get you “what you want.” They are no average accounting ninjas who simply know how to do things right, they do the right things.
Here are some of the “normal” controller work:
- make sure your team are doing things right by reviewing and signing off on the work
- make the proper adjustments needed at month end so the reports and dashboards can be generated
- track more complex accounting accounts such as asset depreciation, accruals, and equity
Here are some of the things that a controller can do just may surprise you – since they are often seen as “CFO” work:
- budgeting and forecasting
- creating a dashboard of KPIs (key performance indicators) that you care about
- explain the numbers to you at month end and answer your questions
- give advice on trends she sees
- providing you with information that matters
We Are Not For Everyone.
DeepSky has dedicated itself to serving only entrepreneurs who are in the service industry and are in the $1 to $10 million revenue range. Most of our customers are like Steve in one way or another – so check him out and see you may be a fit.
If you are, then give us a ring so we can get to know you better and see if we could help you achieve your vision.